Thursday, January 12, 2006

Found it!

MORISON, SAMUEL ELIOT; COMMAGER, HENRY STEELE The Growth of the American Republic New York, Oxford University Press. 1942, 5th Printing. Hard Cover. Ill.: Illustrated. 9.25x6.25 inches. 825 indexed pages. Blue cover. Spine faded. Includes pull-out maps. Owner's name on front paste down. A history textbook about America that begins before Columbus sailed the sea and ends in 1865. Near Very Good.
USD 11.00 [Appr.: EURO 9.25 £UK 6.25 JP¥ 1256]
[USA:] Connie Popek, Bookseller. Book number: 118859
Click here to view more of our catalogue: American History.
Keywords: American History Illustrated

I am such an unbelievably sad human being.

House full of books I've been dying to read after the Pratchett Project...including a separate Pratchett Trilogy...and what am I reading?

Volume II of the book listed above...a freaking college textbook from 1942 which I found while cleaning out a drawer. I'm a hundred pages into a 64 year-old, 785 page history textbook. Because it's interesting seeing how differently history was viewed during WWII. It's a chance to step back and get a different perspective.

And nothing smells quite like an antique book...

Not to mention I went online to find how much I might be able to get for a couple older books I have...and instead, I've smiled with delight at finding the first volume of the book I'm reading now for only 11 bucks, plus 7 for shipping.

Nerd!

But an impoverished nerd, so...alas...Volume I will have to wait for a richer day.

But...The Hunt. That's the thing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home