Monday, March 20, 2006

Damn. Pointcher died.

From my local NBC affiliate's email update today:

Tonight at 5:30pm

Remembering a television legend

He was a Michiana television legend. Today at 5:30 PM, we take a look back on the life and legacy of NewsCenter 16's own Dick Addis.


Ouch. I loved working with old "Pointcher" Dick Addis. Great guy, a lot of fun to be around. He was always complaining about something. Usually in a grumpy tone of voice peppered with the word "fuck" every other sentence. I used to love recording weathers from him, because I could start the tape early and get a great rant about:
  • The Government
  • The station management
  • My haircut
  • The weather itself
  • any of a dozen other hot topics

Dick was a funny guy, and I hate to see that he's signed off for the final time. That was some of the most fun I've had in broadcasting, those days at WNDU when Addis was working a Saturday Night.

What a blow to hear that he's gone. But then again...he was pretty frickin' old.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home