Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Sweet Sixteen

There's been a lot of talk about The Biz this morning in my producer's network. That, coupled with a conversation I just had with a duck about "finish your degree" script ideas, made me curious about something. So I just listed all the radio station call letters where I have pulled down an airshift (I hate that word) as a regular employee.

Not counting WAFB, because I was only 12 and it was only for a summer, I came up with:

KGGG, WIRX, WYTZ, WYKL, WNDU, WNTX, WDOW, WVHQ, KKFM, KMOM, KCCY, KVUU, WBYT, WLRX, WAOR, and WLEG.

This also doesn't count the work I've done on WSJM back in the day, including programming its automation for years, or on our WUBU here at Planet, or the rock station in New Mexico I voice tracked without ever once stepping in the door of the building. I don't even know its call letters.

16 sets of real call letters, 9 broadcasting companies. 17 and a half years.


Seriously. I only look old: I have only been in this business for 18 years come Halloween. That seems like an awful lot of radio stations for a 35 year-old.

I really, really like it here. Maybe this place is where the madness ends...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home